4 Feb 2017

Less is More # 314 - Colour Wheel






Hi LIMettes.

Yay! It's our 6th Birthday at Less is More and we will be celebrating for the whole month!
 
We have:
a new look challenge blog,
new badges for the winner & showcases
4 sponsors - one for each week in February 
4 guest designers  - one for each week in February
and 4 winners too (all announced at the same time at the end of the month)!
    I do hope you will all come and join in the fun.
 
So, for birthday week #1 we are sponsored by:
 
http://happylittlestampers.weebly.com/
 
and the lovely Kylie is our guest designer. Please take a trip over to her blog if you haven't already as she has made a fabulous card for the challenge.
 
What is the challenge?  Week 1 means it is colour week and we want to see you
use 3 adjacent hues on the colour wheel.
 
 Here is a picture of the colour wheel so you can check that I haven't cheated!
 
The rest of the design team have waved magic wands too and come up with some awesome inspiration for you. Do take a look at their work by clicking HERE
 
I have 2 cards to share with you today.

1) Hot Hues

This is one of my favourite combinations. I adore hot colours together on cards so I have gone for the red orange and yellow hues in distress stains pounced together onto wet watercolour card. I also love silhouettes as well as getting all washy with distress stains so I am really happy with this card!


 
STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set (sentiment)
               Stampers Anonymous mini bouquet set (flowers)
DISTRESS STAINS:  Candied apple, spiced marmalade and squeezed lemonade
EMBOSSING POWDER: WOW! Opaque Bright White
INKS: Black soot distress ink, Versamark Clear
OTHER:  Watercolour Paper, Vellum, 3d Foam,  Inkssentials opaque white pen, Ranger distress sprayer                  
        
 I'd like to enter this into:
Inky Chicks #78 - Clean and Simple
Ike's World - Be You (make something that speaks from your heart and soul)
 

2) Blue and Greens

This card moves around the colour wheel to the next 3 hues of colours, the greens and a turquoisy blue. A really simple card to make that is oh-so-CAS and is pretty unisex.
 
DIES: X-cut mini sentiment die 'Just for you' 
DISTRESS MARKERS:  peacock feathers, mowed lawn twisted citron
OTHER:  White linen card, 3d Foam,  glue                  
        
 
I'd like to enter this one into:
Crafting from the heart - Anything goes
____________________________________________________

My new look blog. 

I have also taken this opportunity to update my blog template. It's still a bit of a work in progress but I think I've made some big improvements so far. Ideally I want it to be really de-cluttered so I'm trying to streamline everything.
 
I've made a nifty little page called Categories with clickable picture icons to take you to different pages. (ha ha! I'm pretty pleased with myself about that!) I may copy that idea across to other pages now.
 
I've tried a slightly different post layout with larger pictures and just a list of items used rather than the full card-making instructions.
 
Let me know what you think - is this way better? 
 
Hugs,
Sharon xx

25 comments:

  1. Sharon you've rocked it again in talent, style and what a gorgeous blog re-design too. Think you'll be getting a new job here!!! Loving your inky, dreamy combo on the first one and so effective with the silhouette. Luscious blending and texture then WHOA! CAS-fantastic on the second one. Cool, fun, simplistic but utterly perfect. Great ideas and thanks for EVERYTHING x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. We had so much fun creating the new look LIM that I had to carry on here! Always willing to help out xx

      Delete
  2. I popped along to say congratulations on your brilliant re-design of the LIM blog, it is fabulous! Only to find that you've also been working on redesigning your blog as well ... equally brilliant! I wish I had the skills to give my blog a makeover ... it is beginning to look like a well worn coat!
    Your cards are simply beautiful - thank you for inspiring me.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. Let me know if I can help out with your blog xx

      Delete
  3. Sharon, you're terrific! You've done a terrific job with LIM even with us nagging you 'can you just do this, can you just do that...' lol, and along with that you've redesigned yours too. It looks fabulous, so streamlined. And your cards are wonderful, loving the hot hues together and lovely to see a tall card too, I always forget to use those (mainly because they don't fit in my card stash box!) :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. It was a real team effort creating the new look LIM but such fun too xx

      Delete
  4. Loving the look of the blog, especially like knowing what you used, would love to see the odd how you did something maybe not on obvious creations but when special techniques are involved I love a written tutorial. Your cards are stunningly elegant. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sall. That is great feedback and l will definitely add some 'how to' notes sometimes xx

      Delete
  5. Stunning cards Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new looks - I think LIM is fab! Both cards are so different, but just fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Deborah. So glad you like the LIM look xx

      Delete
  7. Fabulous cards as ever Sharon and thank you so much for being such a proactive member of the LIM team...it's super for me to know that it is being taken forward in such capable hands!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure Chrissie. You know I'm always willing to step up when needed. So glad you are happy with what we have been doing with LIM xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards, especially the first silhouette one. Love the vellum sentiment.
    Great new blog look. I want to do the same for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trina. If you have any questions when you come to update your blog I have a contact form in my sidebar if you think I can help xx

      Delete
  9. Wow...love your cards. The first one with the silhouette is beautiful and I love the blue and green combo of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon! Firstly, LOVE the new pic... you're gorgeous! The new blog template looks brilliant, so clean and user-friendly, and the categories page is a super idea. What a fab blog makeover! And your cards are equally fantastic. The hot orange/red background of the first card is a stunner, really eye catching. And the cool stripes and contemporary feel of the second card looks great and suits the longer card shape so well. Love them! Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is looking super CAS and sharp - love it!! I definitely need to tidy my blog up and know where to come :) Thank you too for all of your amazing work at LIM - we are lucky to have you. Both of your cards look fabulous. I love the rich colours and vellum sentiment on your first card and the graphic, CAS look on your second. You have used warm and cool colours perfectly. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous and I love the colours. What a brilliant Theme and I really want to have a play with this technique :-D
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards, I really love the colour combo on both,
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous cards Sharon ! Your silhouette card is just awesome with this combo of hot colours ! And once more you give me a good lesson of what is a CAS card with the second one ! So simple but so perfect like that ! And by the way, congratulations for the new look of LIM as well as for yours ! Both CAS also !
    Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fab cards here Sharon and loving your new blog layout too, excellent on all counts ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creation, love the colors and technique used.
    Thanks for sharing at Ike's World Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Julia - DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.